Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 3, 2008

All Aboard!

Mommy and Daddy jumped on the Sleep Train last night. Mommy was just too exhausted to put up with my nightly shenanigans so she got serious with me. It really wasn't all that bad. Here's how it went:
7:00 - Nurse and snuggle after hanging out in the pool with Daddy and Mommy
7:45 - Get a dose of Motrin to help my teethers
8:15 - Pants change, clothes change, snuggles and more nursing
8:30 - Asleep in my crib
9:28 - Awake in my crib, screaming for mama, the sleepy juice provider
9:30 - Mommy rubs my back but doesn't pick me up or nurse me. I continue to scream. Mommy leaves me after a couple of minutes.
9:35 - Mommy is back to rub my back. I continue to scream because she doesn't pick me up. She leaves me again.
9:42 - Mommy is back. I think I might have caught her crying while she rubbed my back this time. I continue to scream and she leaves me after a bit.
9:49 - Mommy rubs and pats my back and I calm down for a couple of seconds. I scream some more and she leaves me again.
9:57 - Mommy is back and rubs my back while I scream. She leaves.
10:02 - It's quiet. I'm still fighting sleep, but it's getting difficult.
10:04 - Time for Mommy to return, but I'm asleep so she doesn't bother.
2ish am - I wake up and fuss for less than a minute, but then I remember that I CAN fall asleep on my own. I don't need Mommy to come get me.
5:30 - Mommy comes in to get me after I talk in my crib for a while. She nurses me and we snuggle and sleep together in the big bed for a couple of hours.
7:30 - I'm up for the day and happy as can be. Mommy gives lots of loving and attention and seems happier than she has for days. Yay!

34 minutes of crying wasn't too bad compared to some babies. I used to be able to fall asleep on my own so Mommy is just trying to help me remember that I can do it. She doesn't mind nursing me to sleep, but she thinks I should be able to soothe myself back to sleep in the middle of the night.

I got really good at a new skill yesterday. I can easily get from crawling position to sitting and vice versa. I used to let myself fall over so I could crawl, but now I do it smoothly. My head is much happier about that! Since I can pull myself to sitting pretty easily, it will only be a matter of time before I can pull myself to standing. That will be fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Honestly I don't even know how I came across these blog but,I'm glad I did.
I think I sat here for awhile scanning and reading all your blogs on this wonderful gift that God has given you and thats your daughter Mina.Your story gives me hope and I'll tell you why.I suffere from Endometrosis and right now me and my future husband aren't even sure if we can have childern the natural way.Last time I had surgery (may 2008) my left ovary was very twisted and not even in its right place.They had to gently take it and put it back in its place (no wonder I was in so much pain) I have alot of scar tussie on my ovaries which can't be removed.I'm giving all my troubles to God in this.It will be very hard if I can't have childern because I've dreamed of it since I was 7years old carrying around a fake baby doll.I'm sure you can relate to my feelings of just wanting to be a mother.I love how your story is..your story didn't end because it just began when you created Mina!
I know God has a wonderful plan for her life.I can feel she is a very sweet girl.She has that twinkle in her eye in all her photos.May God bless you and your family.I only hope and pray that my story will be this happy when i go and try to have childern!

Blessings,
Charla -from missouri-

Anonymous said...

Mina! Those teeth are just trouble, aren't they? And I do have a trick for you to stop all of this patting on the back stuff by your mom.....what does she think you are---the dog? :) Really. I am told that when I was a baby and my parents tried to just let me cry, I would cry so hard that I would throw up. Then they HAD to pick me up so they could change the sheets. (This is why my mother will never have any sympathy for me when I have crying babies!) That particular method takes a certain amount of dedication, but I am certain you are up for it! You have to train those parents somehow. It is hard work. You will probably need a vacation when you are finished with all of that parent training.

Seriously, I hope those teeth finally decide to come through and everyone has a few nights of good sleep. :)

Jenny

Andrea AKA Mina's Mama said...

Jenny - You're so lucky I wasn't drinking something when I read your comment or I might have made a mess. I'm not going to let Mina read your comment. LOL!
-Andrea