Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Nanas and the Papas

As usual, I had a fantastic time visiting family for a few days. I got to see lots of grandparents - 2 grandmas, 2 grandpas, and 2 great grandmas. I called all of them Papa. Here I am with Grams.Nana and Papa took me to the park and I got to see all sorts of animals. I also made a little friend. Can you believe that I'm moving to a place that has a kangaroo?I really liked the tortoise.Grandma went to Community Orchard with us as part of her birthday celebration. She looks way too young for 60!Grandpa showed up a little later and he took me outside to play.We're going to take a picture with this guy every year if possible. I cooperated really well! Here's last year's post that has a comparable picture.Silly goats!The apple orchard has a bunch of cute goats to feed. They're very gentle and fat!I climbed on the choo-choo and posed. Miracle of miracles.I love my grandpa!Sometimes I have to stop and contemplate life for a second.Don't you wonder what I thought of to come up with this expression?The orchard also has a huge sand pit and I had it all to myself. Give me a bucket and shovel and I'm one happy girl.I had to go back and feed the goats a little bit more before we left.I caused everyone some alarm when I showed my climbing abilities during our stay. Twirly chairs are fun!Daddy came home last night right after supper and we spent some time catching up. He got lots of attention from me and that made him very happy.

Here are some of the new words from the last couple of weeks (not comprehensive): bacon, bead, door, bounce, rock, rain, and butt (Daddy's fault). Oh, and I got my first big scrape on Monday night when I tripped on a walk. It's already healed, but my mouth looked yucky for a couple of days. Too bad I didn't get any scars because they make good stories.

No comments: