Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

No More Bouncer

As many of you know, I've been sleeping in my infant seat/bouncer every night since I was about a week old. I was congested and as soon as they put me in my seat which inclined my head, I gave them much longer stretches of sleep. Daddy and Mommy were willing to let me sleep in a recliner the rest of my life like Great Grandma R. Plus, Mommy worried about me less since I couldn't really move in my seat. In fact, they didn't even strap me in so it was easy to transfer me from arms to bed.

The first sign of this changing came on Monday. Mommy took a bath with me (which I loved and I didn't poo to Mommy's relief) and then put me into the seat that was set up right by the tub. I was able to surge my whole body up into the air except for my head. I looked like a fish out of water according to Mommy. Then there's my rolling ability. I make it my personal mission to roll from back to belly almost as soon as I'm put down on a quilt or in my play gym. I'm very strong. Mommy figured the seat was still safe at night since they swaddle me. I generally use my legs a lot to roll.

Skip to this morning at about 6:30. I slept for 10 hours and then called for Mommy when I was ready to get up. She took a couple of minutes to respond. In that space of time I was finally able to accomplish a roll in my bouncer with my swaddle still on my legs. Unfortunately, once I got onto my belly, I realized that the shape of the seat did not conform well to that position. It was darn uncomfortable. I wasn't too happy. Mommy got me out of the bouncer pretty quickly. She says that from now on, the seat will not be allowed in the bed and I have to be strapped in every time.

I hope I'm able to sleep as well without my chair. I generally sleep at least 8 hours straight before I need anything from Mommy. I guess Mommy and Daddy will see what happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where are the pictures of Mina in the tub??

I certainly hope she has a RUBBER DUCKY to play with.

Great Aunt shirley

Anonymous said...

Good lord...you know how many ducks our daughter has?? Does she have a rubber ducky...try "how many rubber ducks does she have!"

Thud

Andrea AKA Mina's Mama said...

No pictures of Mina in the tub - she was taking a bath WITH Mommy so we had to keep the site g-rated.

She played with a rubber ducky!