Mommy had a lot of fun with me yesterday afternoon. It all started when I played on my new towel. She took some pictures of me as usual and then decided to challenge me to crawl. I've been army crawling or doing the inch worm better and better every day. Either that or I roll wherever I want to go.
My biggest incentive is the remote control. I love it as you can clearly see!
I squirm around just to get closer to it. Sometimes I push it forward and then inch my way after it.
Mommy decided it would be fun to take away my favorite toy to see if I could crawl and roll my way towards it. This was pretty close to my starting position. I already started moving as soon as she took away the remote.
The first phase was to roll off the towel. I played peek-a-boo for a little bit, but then I was able to get over the edge.
Next, I rolled towards the entertainment center so I would be able to get some leverage with my legs.
Once there, I just needed to push off with my legs and inch forward.
Piece of cake!
Sweet victory!
I was pleased to make goofy faces for Mommy while I did my victory wiggle. This is flirty face! Mommy had to take a brief break to give me some smooches.
I reached for her because I hadn't had enough kisses. Plus, I love the remote, cell phone, and camera. They're the best toys!
I thought she might relent and let me play with the camera if I gave her a really cute look.
Later on, Mommy caught me in action in the crawl position. It's blurry because I was moving quickly and Mommy didn't want to miss it. It's cool to have my tummy in the air.
Daddy and Mommy took me on a walk once Daddy got home from work. I take after my mom with my love for sitting strangely.
This morning I crawled around and managed to put on Daddy's tie while Mommy was getting herself some breakfast. Mommy thinks she might need to get the Pack 'n Play out again to use as a baby prison since I move quickly these days. I tried to wrap myself in the lamp cord, but Mommy got to me too fast to do a thorough job.
Mommy is still making my food for me at home. She made winter squash (butternut to be exact) while Grandma H was visiting. Isn't it beautiful? So far I've had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, bananas, avocado, peaches, and squash. I'll probably get some sort of fruit next.
I was very interested in the squash this morning. Grandma H gave me a small sample the other day, but this was my first squash meal.
Delicious! Good job, Mommy!
Mommy is taking me to FD tomorrow because she has a funeral to attend. "Uncle" James' mom died yesterday. She went way too young and was such a warm, kind, fun, classy woman according to my parents. She'll be missed by many! Daddy and Mommy spent many happy days at the cabin at Twin Lakes and she always made them feel so welcome. I never got to meet Mary Ann because she was too sick when we were going to visit. Cancer sucks.-
Mommy just found out that her friend, Kim, had her baby at 31 weeks yesterday. She asks you to keep Kim and her tiny baby boy in your thoughts.

No comments:
Post a Comment