Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

All Comfy and Cozy

Mommy put me in the most comfortable outfit today. She took a few pictures (of course).

What else is new, you ask? Mommy is reading Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and I think it's making her a little crazy. It teaches the E.A.S.Y. approach and mommy isn't finding it all that easy. The strategy is to have a routine for me to help everyone in the family get more sleep and make life more predictable. You know how mommy likes to think ahead and try to control things. Yes, you can roll your eyes. Anyway, I'm supposed to eat, then do some sort of activity (diaper changes, playing, bathing, etc.), then sleep, and then it's time for you (or mommy and daddy in this case). I prefer E.A.E.S.Y. I don't like to fall asleep unless it's right after I've gotten a belly full of milk. I guess that's bad because it could prolong the 3am feedings that mommy isn't that fond of and it doesn't foster independence which mommy is very fond of. Sometimes my Y stands for yell. Yesterday mommy tried to put me in my crib for a nap and it just didn't work. I prefer to take naps in her arms or in my swing. She'll probably try something really nuts like taking away my bouncer chair at bedtime soon. Maybe she'll wait until she knows she'll have reinforcements coming so she can take a nap the next day if needed.
*
However, mommy found out that there are some things that she and daddy are doing "right" according to the book. They treat me respectfully by explaining what they're doing for me. They talk with me and listen when I talk to them. They let me soothe myself back to sleep (sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't) instead of jumping up and taking care of me right away. They're also pretty good at interpreting what's wrong when I'm crying. They were pleased and not surprised to find out that I'm a cross between an easy and textbook baby according to the author.
*
Mommy is trying to not let Tracy Hogg get to her because some of her advice about breastfeeding was just plain wrong so she's definitely not perfect. Mommy reads these books to get kernels of wisdom, but hasn't found a book yet that she fully agrees with. If you have any recommendations, feel free to share!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your mommy should write a book after you get done training her!

Cori