Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Patience

Daddy is calling me a future surgeon and is so excited about my patience and attention span. I spent about half an hour trying to put my shoes on today. I didn't quite get it figured out, but I didn't get upset or anything. I've also been known to spend a long time trying to buckle my feeding chair seat. It seems like most people would get frustrated, but I just keep trying. It's fun to try to figure out how things work.

Mommy got a migraine headache when she was home alone with me this afternoon. She had to close the doors and trap me upstairs with her so she could lay on the bed with the lights off. I played in my room where she could hear and see me. She was so happy that I was a good girl for two hours before Daddy could get home to help. By the time Daddy got home, she was feeling much better. I had a fun time playing with my shoes, reading books, playing my drum (!), playing with Mommy's feet, pulling apart a cardboard box, and spreading diapers all over the floor. I'm very independent and don't need anyone to entertain me!

Before she got sick, Mommy changed some of my wardrobe over to 18 months so I'm going to have lots of new outfits to show off. I hope I have matching necklaces and shoes!

Oh, and congratulations to my cousins for doing so well with your conferences. I hope I grow up to be as good and smart as all of you! You're awesome.

No comments: