Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day! I wore something special that Nana got for me.Daddy read me the book "Who Loves You, Baby?".We took turns. My parents giggle when I read them books because I talk a lot of the time and flip the pages quickly. I'm so good I can even read upside down once in a while.Lately I've been crawling into laps, giving people (and Euclid) hugs, and attacking Mommy for big squeezes. I like it when she crushes me between her knees.Grandpa made me a book and toy holder and I love it lots and lots. I take stuff out and put other stuff in. I even crawl underneath it. Mommy decorated it with flowers and butterflies for me.I'm also improving my climbing and balancing skills. I have to be watched pretty closely because I'm a daredevil. I like to stand on my bouncing zebra (no pictures because Mommy is too nervous) and I climbed on top of a Rubbermaid storage container today and did a victory dance.Daddy and Mommy took me out to lunch today at the Pizza Ranch. It was fun! I ate lots of stuff, did some window shopping, and went to the puppy store. There were some birds there that seemed interested in me so Mommy had her karate pose ready in case of attack. She hates birds.Mommy has been getting lots of mail lately and has officially made the switch to cloth diapers. She returned a whole box of disposables to the store yesterday because we don't need them. Mommy is quickly figuring out what she's doing and Daddy is getting in on it too. It's surprisingly easy since the diapers are put on with snaps or velcro. She just has an extra load of laundry to do every 2-3 days. This is what's called a "stash" picture and she'll do another one once my special diapers come. Prepare to be amazed. For anyone that's interested, here's what's in the stash picture: left basket - 7 bumGenius 3.0 pocket diapers, middle basket - Happy Heiny spray, cloth wipes, inserts, doublers, and liners (for night time use), right basket - 2 bumGenius 3.0 pocket diapers, one Swaddlebees organic cotton velour pocket, 3 Fuzzi Bunz pockets, in front - one DryBees Hybrid All-in-One, and one Happy Heinys pocket. She buys mostly from Nature Nurture and Kelly's Closet in case you're interested in making the switch. The links are in my list on the right.Let's see, what else. I'm improving my spoon skills as you can see in this picture.
Oh, and I'm doing some more talking besides "ball." I frequently say Papa (too bad he's in Arizona so he doesn't get to hear it firsthand), down (when I want to go down the stairs), and moo (with much prodding and hilarity from my parents).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The diaper switch looks like its going well! It helps that they have snaps this time. Pins are scary!!! and I would like to give props to the toy/book storage. VERY COOL! Mina's g-pa should go into business we would buy one :)Oh and so should your mommy-Nice decorating!

Happy V-day Mina!
Manda and Evan

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day! I like your book/toy holder. Your Grandpa is talented! Can't wait to see you later this week!

XOXO,
Matthew