Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Snot Bubbles

Yep, I'm sick. Mama isn't happy about it either. We went to the mall play area on Thursday and a little girl crawled over to me and coughed about an inch from my face. She proceeded to try to put her snot-covered hands into my mouth. Luckily, Mama intercepted that attempt, but it was too late and the snot blowing child had spread her nasty germs to me. The mother told Mama, "Don't worry about it. She's been on antibiotics for three weeks." With the size of the snot bubbles that kid was blowing, I'm not so sure the meds were working. On Friday, I started getting stuffy (as Mama noticed when she was doing the video of my stairway acrobatics). On Saturday, I started coughing a little. By Sunday I was all stuffed up and I've been blowing the dreaded snot bubbles since yesterday. I really hate getting my nose cleaned out. Plus, Mama won't take me anywhere fun because she doesn't want me to be Typhoid Mina. The part that truly sucks, is that my friend Vanessa was born last week (Gavin's little sister) and I won't get to meet her until I'm all better. Newborns can't be exposed to yucky germs. I hope I get better fast. Mama has been getting me to nurse to try to heal me, but it's pretty yucky trying to suck with my nose plugged. Ick.

Mama is going to get baby fever really bad when she meets Vanessa in person. She's absolutely beautiful and little!
I love books these days. I like to play with books at the library and in my room at home. Mama is trying to get Grandpa H to make a book holder like the one in this picture for me. I made a friend at the library on Friday. She read me a book.I bit Mama. She wasn't pleased.


Mama loves this shirt that Grandma D bought me. She accidentally coordinated us so Dada took a picture.
We were way too busy this weekend having fun family time to take pictures or videos. Sorry about that! Plus, I've been taking three hour morning naps for the last week. Mama has given in and lets me take my naps in my car seat and it's heavenly. It really feels better to sleep on an incline with my congestion. I'm sleeping well at night too, even though I get up before 6am most days. That's all subject to change though! Babies have to keep their parents guessing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better, Minnie. I don't appreciate it that you bit my daughter. Cut it out!!

Grandma H